Peer review journal articles
Rao, R., & Crome, I. (2016). Alcohol misuse in older people. BJPsych Advances, 22(2), 118-126.
- Rao, R., Crome, I. B., & Crome, P. (2016). Managing older people’s alcohol misuse in primary care. British Journal of General Practice 66(642), 6-7
- Rao, R., Schofield, P., Ashworth, M. (2015) Alcohol use, socio-economic deprivation and ethnicity in older people BMJ Open 2015;5:e007525 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007525
- Crome, I., Rao, R., Crome, P. (2015) Substance Misuse and Older People: Better information, Better Care. Age Ageing 44 (5): 729–731 doi:10.1093/ageing/afv105
- Bhattia, U., Crome, I., Murthy, P., Rao, R., Nadkarni, A. (2015) Recent Advances in Treatment for Older People with Substance Use Problems: an updated Systematic and Narrative Review. European Geriatric Medicine Published online Aug 3rd 2015 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eurger.2015.07.001
- Rao, R., Draper, B. (2015) Alcohol related brain damage in older people Lancet Psychiatry 2 (8), 674-645
- Rao, R. (2013). Outcomes from liaison psychiatry referrals for older people with alcohol use disorders in the UK. Mental Health and Substance Use, 6(4), 362-368
- Nadkarni, A., Murthy, P., Crome, I. B., & Rao, R. (2013). Alcohol use and alcohol-use disorders among older adults in India: a literature review. Aging and Mental Health, 17(8):979-91
- Crome, I., LI, T. K., Rao, R., & WU, L. T. (2012). Alcohol limits in older people. Addiction, 107(9), 1541-1543.
- Rao, R. T. (2011). Older people and dual diagnosis–out of sight, but not out of mind. Advances in Dual Diagnosis, 4(1).
- Rao, R., & Shanks, A. (2011). Development and implementation of a dual diagnosis strategy for older people in south east London. Advances in Dual Diagnosis, 4(1), 28-35.
- Crome I, Crome P, Rao R (2011) Addiction and ageing–awareness, assessment and action Age and Ageing 40: 657-658
- Crome I and Rao R (2011) Substance misuse and older people – our Invisible Addicts. Mental Health and Substance Use 4: 267-269
- Rao R, Wolff, K., Marshall, E.J. (2008) Alcohol use and misuse in older subjects: a prevalence study comparing English and Irish inner-city residents living in the UK. Journal of Substance Use 13: 17-26.
- Rao R. (2006) Alcohol misuse and ethnicity Hidden populations need specific services—and more research. British Medical Journal 682: 332.
- Rao, R.T., Crome, I., Crome, P., Iliffe, S., Ramakrishnan, A. (2015) Substance Misuse in Older People: An Information Guide. Cross Faculty Report. London: The Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Crome I, Dar K, Jankiewicz S, Rao R and Tarbuck A (2011). Our Invisible Addicts. First report of the older persons’ substance misuse working group of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. London: The Royal College of Psychiatrists
Books and Book Chapters
- Crome, I;, Rao, R (2017) Substance abuse in older adults. In: Oxford Textbook of Geriatric Medicine, 3rd Edition
- Wadd, S., Rao, T. (2017) Substance Misuse in Older Adults. In Addiction: Psychology and Treatment. Wiley-Blackwell]
- Crome, I., Wu, L. T., Rao, R. T., & Crome, P. (2015). Substance Use and Older People. John Wiley & Sons
- Rao R. Alcohol and Dual Diagnosis. In: Keady J. and Watts S. (eds). Mental Health in Later Life. 1st Edition. (2010)
Other Journal Articles
- Rao T. (2014) The role of community nursing in providing integrated care for older people with alcohol misuse. British Journal of Community Nursing, 19 (2), 80 – 84
- Crome, I. & Rao, T. (2012) Ten top tips – substance misuse in the elderly. Pulse Magazine
- Rao T, Crome I (2011) Substance misuse among care home residents. Nursing & Residential Care 12 594 – 596
- Rao, R. T. (2013). Loss of Office for National Statistics data will increase health inequalities. BMJ: British Medical Journal, 347
- Rao, R (2006) Protecting the heart may not protect the public health. British Medical Journal 332: 1392
- Rao R. (2006) Alcohol use disorders identification test has bias. British Medical Journal 332: 667-668.